Section 287.058, Florida Statutes 2001
287.058 Contract document.--
(1) Every procurement of contractual services in excess of the threshold amount provided in s. 287.017 for CATEGORY TWO, except for the providing of health and mental health services or drugs in the examination, diagnosis, or treatment of sick or injured state employees or the providing of other benefits as required by the provisions of chapter 440, shall be evidenced by a written agreement embodying all provisions and conditions of the procurement of such services, which provisions and conditions shall, where applicable, include, but shall not be limited to:
(a) A provision that bills for fees or other compensation for services or expenses be submitted in detail sufficient for a proper preaudit and postaudit thereof.
(b) A provision that bills for any travel expenses be submitted in accordance with s. 112.061. A state agency may establish rates lower than the maximum provided in s. 112.061.
(c) A provision allowing unilateral cancellation by the agency for refusal by the contractor to allow public access to all documents, papers, letters, or other material made or received by the contractor in conjunction with the contract, unless the records are exempt from s. 24(a) of Art. I of the State Constitution and s. 119.07(1).
(d) A provision dividing the contract into units of deliverables, which shall include, but not be limited to, reports, findings, and drafts, that must be received and accepted in writing by the contract manager prior to payment.
(e) A provision specifying the criteria and the final date by which such criteria must be met for completion of the contract.
(f) A provision specifying that the contract may be renewed on a yearly basis for a period of up to 2 years after the initial contract or for a period no longer than the term of the original contract, whichever period is longer, specifying the terms under which the cost may change as determined in the invitation to bid or request for proposals, and specifying that renewals shall be contingent upon satisfactory performance evaluations by the agency and subject to the availability of funds.
In lieu of a written agreement, the department may authorize the use of a purchase order for classes of contractual services, provided the provisions of paragraphs (a)-(f) are included in the purchase order, invitation to bid, or request for proposals. The purchase order shall include an adequate description of the services, the contract period, and the method of payment. In lieu of printing the provisions of paragraphs (a)-(f) in the contract document or purchase order, agencies may incorporate the requirements of paragraphs (a)-(f) by reference.
(2) The written agreement shall be signed by the agency head and the contractor prior to the rendering of any contractual service the value of which is in excess of the threshold amount provided in s. 287.017 for CATEGORY TWO, except in the case of a valid emergency as certified by the agency head. The certification of an emergency shall be prepared within 30 days after the contractor begins rendering the service and shall state the particular facts and circumstances which precluded the execution of the written agreement prior to the rendering of the service. If the agency fails to have the contract signed by the agency head and the contractor prior to rendering the contractual service, and if an emergency does not exist, the agency head shall, no later than 30 days after the contractor begins rendering the service, certify the specific conditions and circumstances to the department as well as describe actions taken to prevent recurrence of such noncompliance. The agency head may delegate the certification only to other senior management agency personnel. A copy of the certification shall be furnished to the Comptroller with the voucher authorizing payment. The department shall report repeated instances of noncompliance by an agency to the Auditor General. Nothing in this subsection shall be deemed to authorize additional compensation prohibited by s. 215.425. The procurement of contractual services shall not be divided so as to avoid the provisions of this section.
(3) Notwithstanding the provisions of subsections (1) and (2), in those cases in which state agencies are unable to procure a written agreement for the providing of health and mental health services or drugs in the examination, diagnosis, or treatment of sick or injured persons in the care or custody of a state agency, those services and drugs may be obtained by purchase order. The purchase order shall contain sufficient detail for a proper audit and shall be signed by purchasing or contracting personnel acting on behalf of the agency.
(4) Every procurement of contractual services of the value of the threshold amount provided in s. 287.017 for CATEGORY TWO or less, except for the providing of health and mental health services or drugs in the examination, diagnosis, or treatment of sick or injured state employees or the providing of other benefits as required by the provisions of chapter 440, shall be evidenced by a written agreement or purchase order. The written agreement shall contain sufficient detail for a proper audit, shall be signed by purchasing or contracting personnel acting on behalf of the agency, and may contain the provisions and conditions provided in subsection (1).
(5) Unless otherwise provided in the General Appropriations Act or the substantive bill implementing the General Appropriations Act, the Comptroller may waive the requirements of this section for services which are included in s. 287.057(4)(f).
History.--s. 10, ch. 82-196; s. 4, ch. 83-192; s. 1, ch. 85-30; s. 47, ch. 86-183; s. 8, ch. 86-204; s. 10, ch. 88-384; s. 20, ch. 88-557; s. 18, ch. 90-268; s. 8, ch. 93-161; s. 2, ch. 95-420; s. 7, ch. 96-236; s. 83, ch. 98-279; s. 3, ch. 2001-266; s. 12, ch. 2001-278.