Section 288.9603, Florida Statutes 2009
(1) "Act" means the Florida Development Finance Corporation Act of 1993, and all acts supplemental thereto and amendatory thereof.
(2) "Amortization payments" means periodic payments, such as monthly, semiannually, or annually, of interest on premiums, if any, and installments of principal of revenue bonds as required by an indenture of the corporation.
(3) "Applicant" means the individual, firm, or corporation, whether for profit or nonprofit, charged with developing the project under the terms of the indenture of the corporation.
(4) "Cash equivalents" shall include letters of credit issued by investment grade rated financial institutions or their subsidiaries; direct obligations of the government of the United States of America, or any agency thereof, or obligations unconditionally guaranteed by the United States of America; certificates of deposit issued by investment grade rated financial institutions or their subsidiaries; and investments in commercial paper which, at the time of acquisition by the corporation is accorded the highest rating by Standard & Poor's Corporation, Moody's Investors Services, Inc., or any other nationally recognized credit rating agency of similar standing, provided that in each such case such investments shall be convertible to cash as may be reasonably necessary for application of such moneys as and when the same are to be applied in accordance with the provisions of this act.
(5) "Corporation" means the Florida Development Finance Corporation.
(6) "Debt service" shall mean for any bonds issued by the corporation and for which a guaranty has been issued pursuant to ss. 288.9606, 288.9607, and 288.9608, for any period for which such determination is to be made, the aggregate amount of all interest charges due or which shall become due on or with respect to such bonds during the period for which such determination is being made, plus the aggregate amount of scheduled principal payments due or which shall become due on or with respect to such bonds during the period for which such determination is being made. Scheduled principal payments may include only principal payments that are scheduled as part of the terms of the original bond issue and that result in the reduction of the outstanding principal balance of the bonds.
(7) "Economic development specialist" means a resident of the state who is professionally employed in the discipline of economic development or industrial development.
(8) "Financial institution" means any banking corporation or trust company, savings and loan association, insurance company or related corporation, partnership, foundation, or other institution engaged primarily in lending or investing funds in this state.
(9) "Maximum debt service" shall mean, for any period of 6 months or 1 year, as the case may be, during the life of any bonds issued by the corporation and for which a guaranty has been issued pursuant to ss. 288.9606, 288.9607, and 288.9608 and for which such determination is being made, the maximum amount of the debt service which is due or will become due during such period of time on or with respect to such bonds. For the purposes of calculating the amount of the maximum debt service with respect to any bonds which bear interest at a variable rate, the corporation shall utilize a fixed rate which it in its reasonable discretion determines to be appropriate.
(10) "Partnership" means Enterprise Florida, Inc.
(11) "Guaranty agreement" means an agreement by and between the corporation and a public agency pursuant to the provisions of s. 288.9607.
(12) "Guaranty fund" means the Revenue Bond Guaranty Reserve Account established by the corporation pursuant to s. 288.9608.
(13) "Interlocal agreement" means an agreement by and between the Florida Development Finance Corporation and a public agency of this state, pursuant to the provisions of s. 163.01.
(14) "Public agency" means a political subdivision, agency, or officer of this state or of any state of the United States, including, but not limited to, state, government, county, city, school district, single and multipurpose special district, single and multipurpose public authority, metropolitan or consolidated government, an independently elected county officer, any agency of the United States Government, and any similar entity of any other state of the United States.
History.--ss. 27, 62, ch. 93-187; s. 1, ch. 93-402; s. 100, ch. 96-320; s. 40, ch. 99-251.