Section 401.34, Florida Statutes 2003
(1) Each organization or person subject to this part must pay to the department the following nonrefundable fees:
(a) Basic life support service license application: $660, to be paid biennially.
(b) Advanced life support service license application: $1,375, to be paid biennially.
(c) Original or renewal vehicle permit application for basic or advanced life support: $25, to be paid biennially.
(d) Emergency medical technician certification examination application: $40.
(e) Emergency medical technician original certificate application: $35.
(f) Emergency medical technician renewal certificate application: $20, to be paid biennially.
(g) Paramedic certification examination application: $40.
(h) Paramedic original certificate application: $45.
(i) Paramedic renewal certificate application: $45, to be paid biennially.
(j) Air ambulance service application: $1,375, to be paid biennially.
(k) Original or renewal aircraft permit application for air ambulance: $25, to be paid biennially.
(2) Fees collected under this section must be deposited to the credit of the Emergency Medical Services Trust Fund and must be applied solely for salaries and expenses of the department incurred in implementing and enforcing this part.
(3) A volunteer emergency medical services provider licensed by the department and persons actively serving with the provider without pay are not required to pay any of the fees set by the department for licensure, vehicle permits, or personnel certification. A licensee that charges any service fee is not entitled to this exemption. An emergency medical technician or paramedic certificate issued in accordance with this volunteer fee exemption provision is invalid while the certificateholder is performing his or her duties in a paid capacity.
(4)(a) If a certificate, license, or permit issued under this part is lost or destroyed, the person or entity to whom the certificate, license, or permit was issued may, upon payment of a fee to be set by the department not to exceed $10, obtain a duplicate, or substitute thereof.
(b) Upon surrender of the original emergency medical technician or paramedic certificate and receipt of a replacement fee to be set by the department not to exceed $10, the department shall issue a replacement certificate to make a change in name.
(5) The department may provide same-day grading of the examination for an applicant for emergency medical technician or paramedic certification. The department must provide procedures for implementing same-day grading in its rules.
(6) The department may by rule offer walk-in eligibility determination and examination to applicants for emergency medical technician or paramedic certification who pay to the department a nonrefundable fee to be set by the department not to exceed $65. The fee is in addition to the certification fee and examination fee. The department must establish locations and times for eligibility determination and examination.
(7) The cost of emergency medical technician or paramedic certification examination review may not exceed $50.
History.--s. 14, ch. 73-126; s. 2, ch. 74-334; s. 3, ch. 76-168; s. 1, ch. 77-174; s. 4, ch. 77-347; s. 1, ch. 77-457; ss. 2, 3, ch. 81-318; ss. 15. 24, 25, ch. 82-402; ss. 7, 12, 13, ch. 83-196; s. 15, ch. 84-317; s. 62, ch. 86-220; ss. 16, 36, ch. 92-78; s. 798, ch. 95-148.