Section 468.8418, Florida Statutes 2009
1468.8418 Certification of partnerships and corporations.--
(1) The department shall issue a certificate of authorization to a corporation or partnership offering mold assessment or mold remediation services to the public if the corporation or partnership satisfies all of the requirements of this part.
(2) The practice of or the offer to practice mold assessment or mold remediation by licensees through a corporation or partnership offering mold assessment or mold remediation to the public, or by a corporation or partnership offering such services to the public through licensees under this part as agents, employees, officers, or partners, is permitted subject to the provisions of this part, provided that the corporation or partnership has been issued a certificate of authorization by the department as provided in this section. Nothing in this section shall be construed to allow a corporation to hold a license to practice mold assessment or mold remediation. No corporation or partnership shall be relieved of responsibility for the conduct or acts of its agents, employees, or officers by reason of its compliance with this section, nor shall any individual practicing mold assessment or mold remediation be relieved of responsibility for professional services performed by reason of his or her employment or relationship with a corporation or partnership.
(3) For the purposes of this section, a certificate of authorization shall be required for a corporation, partnership, association, or person practicing under a fictitious name, offering mold assessment or mold remediation; however, when an individual is practicing mold assessment or mold remediation under his or her own given name, he or she shall not be required to register under this section.
(4) Each certificate of authorization shall be renewed every 2 years. Each partnership and corporation certified under this section shall notify the department within 1 month of any change in the information contained in the application upon which the certification is based.
(5) Disciplinary action against a corporation or partnership shall be administered in the same manner and on the same grounds as disciplinary action against a licensed mold assessor or mold remediator.
History.--s. 3, ch. 2007-235.
1Note.--Effective July 1, 2010.