Section 481.313, Florida Statutes 2008
481.313 Renewal of license.--
(1) The department shall renew a license upon receipt of the renewal application and fee.
(2) The department shall adopt rules establishing a procedure for the biennial renewal of licenses.
(3) No license renewal shall be issued to a landscape architect by the department until the licensee submits proof, satisfactory to the department, that during the 2-year period prior to application for renewal, the licensee participated in such continuing education courses required by the board. The board shall approve only continuing education courses that relate to and increase the basic knowledge of landscape architecture. The board may make an exception from the requirements of continuing education in emergency or hardship cases.
(4) The board, by rule adopted pursuant to ss. 120.536(1) and 120.54, shall establish criteria for the approval of continuing education courses and providers, and shall by rule establish criteria for accepting alternative nonclassroom continuing education on an hour-for-hour basis.
(5) Each licenseholder shall provide to the board proof of completion of the core curriculum courses, or passing the equivalency test of the Building Code Training Program established by s. 553.841, within 2 years after commencement of the program or of initial licensure, whichever is later. Hours spent taking core curriculum courses shall count toward the number required for license renewal. A licensee who passes the equivalency test in lieu of taking the core curriculum courses shall receive full credit for core curriculum course hours.
(6) The board shall require, by rule adopted pursuant to ss. 120.536(1) and 120.54, a specified number of hours in specialized or advanced courses, approved by the Florida Building Commission, on any portion of the Florida Building Code, adopted pursuant to part IV of chapter 553, relating to the licensee's respective area of practice.
History.--ss. 8, 18, ch. 79-407; ss. 2, 3, ch. 81-318; ss. 18, 19, ch. 88-347; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 238, ch. 94-119; s. 17, ch. 98-287; s. 123, ch. 2000-141; s. 35, ch. 2001-186; s. 4, ch. 2001-372; s. 128, ch. 2008-4.