Section 585.002, Florida Statutes 2004
585.002 Department control; continuance of powers, duties, rules, orders, etc.--
(1) This chapter shall be enforced by and under the control of the department as provided in chapter 570.
(2) The department shall have and exercise all the powers, jurisdiction, duties, and authority previously exercised by, or required of, the Florida Livestock Board, and the provisions of this chapter.
(3) The department, to the exclusion of all other state agencies, shall have regulatory authority over the possession, control, care, and maintenance of ostriches, emus, and rheas domesticated and confined for commercial farming purposes, except those kept and maintained primarily for exhibition purposes in zoos, carnivals, circuses, and other establishments where such species are kept for display to the public.
(4) The department shall adopt rules pursuant to ss. 120.536(1) and 120.54 to implement the provisions of this chapter.
(5) The department shall, by rule, establish a fee schedule to cover the approximate costs associated with carrying out the provisions of this chapter. This shall include establishment of fees for provision of health forms, required certificates, certifications, permits, quality assurance programs, and services. No individual fee shall exceed $200, except that the fee for carrying out the quarantine requirements relating to horses imported from countries where contagious equine metritis exists shall not exceed $1,500. These fees shall be deposited in the department's General Inspection Trust Fund.
History.--s. 2, ch. 59-457; ss. 14, 35, ch. 69-106; s. 6, ch. 78-95; s. 3, ch. 90-321; s. 31, ch. 92-180; s. 49, ch. 92-291; s. 1, ch. 93-223; s. 1, ch. 94-272; s. 194, ch. 98-200; s. 32, ch. 2002-295.
Note.--Former s. 585.011.