Section 787.01, Florida Statutes 2003
787.01 Kidnapping; kidnapping of child under age 13, aggravating circumstances.--
(1)(a) The term "kidnapping" means forcibly, secretly, or by threat confining, abducting, or imprisoning another person against her or his will and without lawful authority, with intent to:
1. Hold for ransom or reward or as a shield or hostage.
2. Commit or facilitate commission of any felony.
3. Inflict bodily harm upon or to terrorize the victim or another person.
4. Interfere with the performance of any governmental or political function.
(b) Confinement of a child under the age of 13 is against her or his will within the meaning of this subsection if such confinement is without the consent of her or his parent or legal guardian.
(2) A person who kidnaps a person is guilty of a felony of the first degree, punishable by imprisonment for a term of years not exceeding life or as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
(3)(a) A person who commits the offense of kidnapping upon a child under the age of 13 and who, in the course of committing the offense, commits one or more of the following:
1. Aggravated child abuse, as defined in s. 827.03;
2. Sexual battery, as defined in chapter 794, against the child;
3. Lewd or lascivious battery, lewd or lascivious molestation, lewd or lascivious conduct, or lewd or lascivious exhibition, in violation of s. 800.04;
4. A violation of s. 796.03 or s. 796.04, relating to prostitution, upon the child; or
5. Exploitation of the child or allowing the child to be exploited, in violation of s. 450.151,
commits a life felony, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
(b) Pursuant to s. 775.021(4), nothing contained herein shall be construed to prohibit the imposition of separate judgments and sentences for the life felony described in paragraph (a) and for each separate offense enumerated in subparagraphs (a)1.-5.
History.--s. 1, ch. 5907, 1909; RGS 5058; CGL 7160; s. 1, ch 16063, 1933; s. 784, ch. 71-136; s. 8, ch. 72-724; s. 22, ch 74-383; s. 12, ch. 75-298; s. 1, ch. 77-174; s. 1, ch. 84-238; s. 2, ch. 90-120; s. 2, ch. 93-227; s. 9, ch. 96-322; s. 1813, ch. 97-102; s. 4, ch. 99-201; s. 3, ch. 2000-246.
Note.--Former s. 805.02.