Section 98.0981, Florida Statutes 2009
98.0981 Reports; voting history; statewide voter registration system information; precinct-level election results; book closing statistics.--
(1) VOTING HISTORY AND STATEWIDE VOTER REGISTRATION SYSTEM INFORMATION.--
(a) Within 45 days after a general election, supervisors of elections shall transmit to the department, in a uniform electronic format specified by the department, completely updated voting history information for each qualified voter who voted.
(b) After receipt of the information in paragraph (a), the department shall prepare a report in electronic format which contains the following information, separately compiled for the primary and general election for all voters qualified to vote in either election:
1. The unique identifier assigned to each qualified voter within the statewide voter registration system;
2. All information provided by each qualified voter on his or her voter registration application pursuant to s. 97.052(2), except that which is confidential or exempt from public records requirements;
3. Each qualified voter's date of registration;
4. Each qualified voter's current state representative district, state senatorial district, and congressional district, assigned by the supervisor of elections;
5. Each qualified voter's current precinct; and
6. Voting history as transmitted under paragraph (a) to include whether the qualified voter voted at a precinct location, voted during the early voting period, voted by absentee ballot, attempted to vote by absentee ballot that was not counted, attempted to vote by provisional ballot that was not counted, or did not vote.
(c) Within 60 days after a general election, the department shall send to the President of the Senate, the Speaker of the House of Representatives, the Senate Minority Leader, and the House Minority Leader a report in electronic format that includes all information set forth in paragraph (b).
(2) PRECINCT-LEVEL ELECTION RESULTS.--Within 45 days after the date of a presidential preference primary election, a special election, or a general election, the supervisors of elections shall collect and submit to the department precinct-level election results for the election in a uniform electronic format specified by the department. The precinct-level election results shall be compiled separately for the primary or special primary election that preceded the general or special general election, respectively. The results shall specifically include for each precinct the aggregate total of all ballots cast for each candidate or nominee to fill a national, state, county, or district office or proposed constitutional amendment. "All ballots cast" means ballots cast by voters who cast a ballot whether at a precinct location, by absentee ballot including overseas absentee ballots, during the early voting period, or by provisional ballot.
(3) PRECINCT-LEVEL BOOK CLOSING STATISTICS.--After the date of book closing but before the date of an election as defined in s. 97.021(10) to fill a national, state, county, or district office, or to vote on a proposed constitutional amendment, the department shall compile the following precinct-level statistical data for each county:
(a) Precinct numbers.
(b) Total number of active registered voters by party for each precinct.
(4) REPORTS PUBLICLY AVAILABLE.--The department shall also make publicly available the reports and results required in subsections (1)-(3).
(5) RULEMAKING.--The department shall adopt rules and prescribe forms to carry out the purposes of this section.
History.--s. 25, ch. 2005-278; s. 8, ch. 2008-95.