Section 163.459, Florida Statutes 2009
163.459 Eligible activities.--Activities eligible for assistance pursuant to this act include, but are not limited to:
(1) Preparing grant and loan applications, proposals, fundraising letters, and other documents essential to securing additional administrative or project funds to further the purposes of this act.
(2) Monitoring and administering grants and loans, providing technical assistance to businesses, and any other administrative tasks essential to maintaining funding eligibility or meeting contractual obligations.
(3) Developing local programs and home ownership housing projects to encourage the participation of financial institutions, insurance companies, attorneys, architects, engineers, planners, law enforcement officers, developers, and other professional firms and individuals providing services beneficial to redevelopment efforts.
(4) Providing technical, accounting, and financial assistance and information to businesses and entrepreneurs interested in locating, expanding, or operating in the service area.
(5) Coordinating with state, federal, and local governments and other nonprofit organizations to ensure that activities meet local plans and ordinances and to avoid duplication of tasks.
(6) Assisting service area residents in identifying and determining eligibility for state, federal, and local housing programs, including rehabilitation, weatherization, home ownership, rental assistance, or public housing programs.
(7) Developing, selling, owning, and managing subsidized affordable housing designed for persons with very low incomes or low incomes, or for WAGES recipients, or developing, selling, owning, and managing subsidized affordable industrial parks providing jobs to such persons.
(8) Obtaining technical assistance to build capacity to support community-based development organization projects.
History.--s. 5, ch. 2000-351.