Section 281.02, Florida Statutes 2009
281.02 Powers and duties of the Department of Management Services with respect to firesafety and security.--The Department of Management Services has the following powers and duties with respect to firesafety and security:
(1) To assist the State Fire Marshal in maintaining the firesafety of public buildings pursuant to s. 633.085.
(2) To make provision by rule, contract, lease, or interagency agreement for the security of all state-owned property leased from the Department of Management Services, excluding state universities and custodial institutions, the Capitol Complex, the Governor's mansion and the grounds thereof, and the Supreme Court. For these purposes, security shall include the safety and security of occupants and visitors to state-owned property, appropriate law enforcement response to complaints relating to criminal activity or security threats, the development of emergency procedures and evacuation routes in the event of fire or disaster, and ensuring that such procedures and routes are known to those persons occupying such property.
(3) To employ guards and administrative, clerical, technical, and other personnel as may be required.
(4) To train employees and make provision for the training of agents, guards, and employees of tenant agencies in security and emergency procedures.
(5) To make provision for the enforcement of rules governing the regulation of traffic and parking on state-owned property, including, but not limited to, issuing citations for the violation of such rules or the traffic laws of the state or any county or municipality and impounding illegally or wrongfully parked vehicles.
(6) To delegate or assign duties and responsibilities furthering the provision of security as required and authorized by this section to any state agency occupying such state-owned property. Security requirements may be included in lease agreements or established by department rule.
History.--s. 2, ch. 76-247; s. 1, ch. 77-174; s. 6, ch. 84-143; s. 4, ch. 84-274; s. 64, ch. 85-80; s. 2, ch. 91-54; s. 218, ch. 92-279; s. 55, ch. 92-326; s. 58, ch. 98-279; s. 29, ch. 99-399; s. 5, ch. 2002-21.
Note.--Former s. 287.35.