Section 376.60, Florida Statutes 2009
376.60 Asbestos removal program inspection and notification fee.--The Department of Environmental Protection shall charge an inspection and notification fee, not to exceed $300 for a small business as defined in s. 288.703(1), or $1,000 for any other project, for any asbestos removal project. The department may establish a fee schedule by rule. Schools, colleges, universities, residential dwellings, and those persons otherwise exempted from licensure under s. 469.002(4) are exempt from the fees. Any fee collected must be deposited in the asbestos program account in the Air Pollution Control Trust Fund to be used by the department to administer its asbestos removal program.
(1) In those counties with approved local air pollution control programs, the department shall return 80 percent of the asbestos removal program inspection and notification fees collected in that county to the local government quarterly, if the county requests it.
(2) The fees returned to a county under subsection (1) must be used only for asbestos-related program activities.
(3) A county may not levy any additional fees for asbestos removal activity while it receives fees under subsection (1).
(4) If a county has requested reimbursement under subsection (1), the department shall reimburse the approved local air pollution control program with 80 percent of the fees collected in the county retroactive to July 1, 1994, for asbestos-related program activities.
(5) If an approved local air pollution control program that is providing asbestos notification and inspection services according to 40 C.F.R. part 61, subpart M, and is collecting fees sufficient to support the requirements of 40 C.F.R. part 61, subpart M, opts not to receive the state-generated asbestos notification fees, the state may discontinue collection of the state asbestos notification fees in that county.
History.--s. 1, ch. 90-117; s. 59, ch. 90-331; s. 25, ch. 92-30; s. 306, ch. 94-356; s. 1, ch. 97-31; s. 1, ch. 98-44; s. 21, ch. 98-419.