Section 403.518, Florida Statutes 2009
403.518 Fees; disposition.--The department shall charge the applicant the following fees, as appropriate, which, unless otherwise specified, shall be paid into the Florida Permit Fee Trust Fund:
(1) A fee for a notice of intent pursuant to s. 403.5063, in the amount of $2,500, to be submitted to the department at the time of filing of a notice of intent. The notice-of-intent fee shall be used and disbursed in the same manner as the application fee.
(2) An application fee, which shall not exceed $200,000. The fee shall be fixed by rule on a sliding scale related to the size, type, ultimate site capacity, or increase in electrical generating capacity proposed by the application.
(a) Sixty percent of the fee shall go to the department to cover any costs associated with coordinating the review and acting upon the application, to cover any field services associated with monitoring construction and operation of the facility, and to cover the costs of the public notices published by the department.
(b) The following percentages shall be transferred to the Operating Trust Fund of the Division of Administrative Hearings of the Department of Management Services:
1. Five percent to compensate expenses from the initial exercise of duties associated with the filing of an application.
2. An additional 5 percent if a land use hearing is held pursuant to s. 403.508.
3. An additional 10 percent if a certification hearing is held pursuant to s. 403.508.
(c)1. Upon written request with proper itemized accounting within 90 days after final agency action by the board or department or withdrawal of the application, the agencies that prepared reports pursuant to s. 403.507 or participated in a hearing pursuant to s. 403.508 may submit a written request to the department for reimbursement of expenses incurred during the certification proceedings. The request shall contain an accounting of expenses incurred which may include time spent reviewing the application, preparation of any studies required of the agencies by this act, agency travel and per diem to attend any hearing held pursuant to this act, and for any local government's or regional planning council's provision of notice of public meetings required as a result of the application for certification. The department shall review the request and verify that the expenses are valid. Valid expenses shall be reimbursed; however, in the event the amount of funds available for reimbursement is insufficient to provide for full compensation to the agencies requesting reimbursement, reimbursement shall be on a prorated basis.
2. If the application review is held in abeyance for more than 1 year, the agencies may submit a request for reimbursement. This time period shall be measured from the date the applicant has provided written notification to the department that it desires to have the application review process placed on hold. The fee disbursement shall be processed in accordance with subparagraph 1.
(d) If any sums are remaining, the department shall retain them for its use in the same manner as is otherwise authorized by this act; provided, however, that if the certification application is withdrawn, the remaining sums shall be refunded to the applicant within 90 days after the submittal of the written notification of withdrawal.
(3)(a) A certification modification fee, which shall not exceed $30,000. The department shall establish rules for determining such a fee based on the number of agencies involved in the review, equipment redesign, change in site size, type, increase in generating capacity proposed, or change in an associated facility location.
(b) The fee shall be submitted to the department with a petition for modification pursuant to s. 403.516. This fee shall be established, disbursed, and processed in the same manner as the application fee in subsection (2), except that the Division of Administrative Hearings shall not receive a portion of the fee unless the petition for certification modification is referred to the Division of Administrative Hearings for hearing. If the petition is so referred, only $10,000 of the fee shall be transferred to the Operating Trust Fund of the Division of Administrative Hearings of the Department of Management Services.
(4) A supplemental application fee, not to exceed $75,000, to cover all reasonable expenses and costs of the review, processing, and proceedings of a supplemental application. This fee shall be established, disbursed, and processed in the same manner as the certification application fee in subsection (2).
(5) An existing certification application fee, not to exceed $200,000, to cover all reasonable costs and expenses of the review processing and proceedings for certification of an existing power plant site under s. 403.5175. This fee must be established, disbursed, and processed in the same manner as the certification application fee in subsection (2).
(6) An application fee for an alternate corridor filed pursuant to s. 403.5064(4). The application fee shall be $750 per mile for each mile of the alternate corridor located within an existing electric transmission line right-of-way or within an existing right-of-way for a road, highway, railroad, or other aboveground linear facility, or $1,000 per mile for each mile of an electric transmission line corridor proposed to be located outside the existing right-of-way.
History.--s. 23, ch. 90-331; s. 11, ch. 92-132; s. 13, ch. 93-94; s. 387, ch. 94-356; s. 65, ch. 96-321; s. 208, ch. 99-245; s. 29, ch. 2000-153; s. 13, ch. 2006-79; s. 41, ch. 2006-230; s. 84, ch. 2008-227.