Section 513.01, Florida Statutes 2009
513.01 Definitions.--As used in this chapter, the term:
(1) "Department" means the Department of Health and includes its representative county health departments.
(2) "Lodging park" means a place set aside and offered by a person, for either direct or indirect remuneration of the operator of the place, in which 75 percent of the mobile homes or recreational vehicles or combination thereof are owned by the operator and offered for rent to the public and which is not licensed under chapter 509.
(3) "Mobile home" means a residential structure that is transportable in one or more sections, which structure is 8 body feet (2.4 meters) or more in width, over 35 feet in length with the hitch, built on an integral chassis, and designed to be used as a dwelling when connected to the required utilities, and includes the plumbing, heating, air-conditioning, and electrical systems contained in the structure.
(4) "Mobile home park" means a place set aside and offered by a person, for either direct or indirect remuneration of the owner, lessor, or operator of such place, for the parking, accommodation, or rental of five or more mobile homes.
(5) "Operator" means the owner, operator, keeper, lessor, proprietor, manager, assistant manager, desk clerk, agent, or employee of a mobile home, lodging, or recreational vehicle park or a recreational camp who is designated by the permittee as the individual solely responsible for the daily operation of the park or camp and its compliance with this chapter and the rules adopted under this chapter.
(6) "Permittee" means a person who applies for and is granted a permit under this chapter and who is ultimately responsible for the operation of the mobile home, lodging, or recreational vehicle park or the recreational camp and the compliance of the park or camp with this chapter and the rules adopted under this chapter.
(7) "Person" means an individual, association, partnership, corporation, or governmental unit.
(8) "Recreational camp" means one or more buildings or structures, tents, trailers, or vehicles, or any portion thereof, together with the land appertaining thereto, established, operated, or used as living quarters for five or more resident members of the public and designed and operated for recreational purposes.
(9) "Recreational vehicle" has the same meaning as provided for the term "recreational vehicle-type unit" in s. 320.01. However, the terms "temporary living quarters" and "seasonal or temporary living quarters" as used in s. 320.01, in reference to recreational vehicles placed in recreational vehicle parks, relate to the period of time the recreational vehicle is occupied as living quarters during each year and not to the period of time it is located in the recreational vehicle park. During the time the recreational vehicle is not occupied as temporary or seasonal quarters, it may be stored and tied down on the recreational vehicle site. The affixing of a recreational vehicle to the ground by way of tie-downs or other removable fasteners, and the attachment of carports, porches, screen rooms, and similar appurtenances by way of removable attaching devices, does not render the recreational vehicle a permanent part of the recreational vehicle site.
(10) "Recreational vehicle park" means a place set aside and offered by a person, for either direct or indirect remuneration of the owner, lessor, or operator of such place, for the parking, accommodation, or rental of five or more recreational vehicles or tents; and the term also includes buildings and sites set aside for group camping and similar recreational facilities. For the purposes of this chapter, the terms "campground," "camping resort," "RV resort," "travel resort," and "travel park," or any variations of these terms, are synonymous with the term "recreational vehicle park."
(11) "Transient guest" means any guest registered as provided in s. 513.112 for 6 months or less. When a guest is permitted with the knowledge of the park operator to continuously occupy a recreational vehicle in a recreational vehicle park for more than 6 months, there is a rebuttable presumption that the occupancy is nontransient, and the eviction procedures of part II of chapter 83 apply.
History.--s. 1, ch. 12419, 1927; CGL 4140; s. 1, ch. 19365, 1939; s. 3, ch. 76-168; s. 1, ch. 77-457; ss. 2, 3, ch. 81-318; ss. 3, 14, 15, ch. 83-321; s. 6, ch. 84-182; s. 13, ch. 85-343; s. 1, ch. 87-193; ss. 1, 26, ch. 93-150; s. 146, ch. 97-101; s. 249, ch. 99-8.