Section 1011.83, Florida Statutes 2009
1011.83 Financial support of community colleges.--
(1) Each community college that has been approved by the Department of Education and meets the requirements of law and rules of the State Board of Education shall participate in the Community College Program Fund. However, funds to support workforce education programs conducted by community colleges shall be provided pursuant to s. 1011.80.
(2) Funding for baccalaureate degree programs approved pursuant to s. 1007.33 shall be specified in the General Appropriations Act. A student in a baccalaureate degree program approved pursuant to s. 1007.33 who is not classified as a resident for tuition purposes pursuant to s. 1009.21 may not be included in calculations of full-time equivalent enrollments for state funding purposes.
(3) Funds specifically appropriated by the Legislature for baccalaureate degree programs approved pursuant to s. 1007.33 may be used only for such programs. A community college shall fund the nonrecurring costs related to the initiation of a new baccalaureate degree program under s. 1007.33 without new state appropriations unless special grant funds are appropriated in the General Appropriations Act. A new baccalaureate degree program may not accept students without a recurring legislative appropriation for this purpose.
(4) State funding for baccalaureate degree programs approved pursuant to s. 1007.33 shall be as provided in the General Appropriations Act.
(5) A community college that grants baccalaureate degrees shall maintain reporting and funding distinctions between any baccalaureate degree program approved under s. 1007.33 and any other baccalaureate degree programs involving traditional concurrent-use partnerships.
History.--s. 678, ch. 2002-387; s. 9, ch. 2004-357; s. 9, ch. 2007-246; s. 31, ch. 2009-60.