(1) This section shall be known as the “Public Health Dental Program Act.”
(2) It is the intent of the Legislature to make available dental preventive and educational services to the citizens of the state and treatment services to indigent persons.
(3) The department shall implement a comprehensive dental program which shall be designed to include, but not be limited to:
(a) Comprehensive preventive and educational programs.
(b) Comprehensive treatment services, including diagnostic, basic restorative, surgical, pulpal therapy, prophylaxis, and limited prosthetic services.
(4) Services shall be available to eligible persons in accordance with eligibility criteria developed by the department. Fees for treatment shall be determined by the department.
(5) The department may adopt rules to implement this section.