To the extent feasible, the department may:
(1) Assist the pilot projects in development and implementation of their community programs by acting as the granting agency and contracting with the pilot projects.
(2) Facilitate the integration of the pilot projects with ongoing departmental programs, so that duplication of services is avoided and synergy between the programs enhanced.
(3) Develop educational and outreach programs for health care providers and communities that increase awareness of health care needs for low-income persons living in urban and rural communities.
(4) Assist the pilot projects in obtaining low-cost health care services designed to prevent disease and promote health in low-income communities.
(5) Facilitate cooperation between affected communities, appropriate agencies, and ongoing initiatives, such as Front Porch Florida.