(1) If the county designates a local agency to be responsible for the licensing of child care facilities, the county shall bear at least 75 percent of the costs involved.
(2) The department shall bear the costs of the licensing of child care facilities when contracted to do so by a county or when directly responsible for licensing in a county which fails to meet or exceed state minimum standards.
(3) The department shall collect a fee for any license it issues for a child care facility, family day care home, or large family child care home pursuant to ss. 402.305, 402.313, and 402.3131.
(a) For a child care facility licensed pursuant to s. 402.305, such fee shall be $1 per child, based on the licensed capacity of the facility, except that the minimum fee shall be $25 per facility and the maximum fee shall be $100 per facility.
(b) For a family day care home registered pursuant to s. 402.313, such fee shall be $25.
(c) For a family day care home licensed pursuant to s. 402.313, such fee shall be $50.
(d) For a large family child care home licensed pursuant to s. 402.3131, such fee shall be $60.
(4) Any county may collect a fee for any license it issues pursuant to s. 402.308.
(5) All moneys collected by the department for child care licensing shall be held in a trust fund of the department to be reallocated to the department during the following fiscal year to fund child care licensing activities, including the Gold Seal Quality Care program created pursuant to s. 402.281.
History.—s. 15, ch. 74-113; s. 3, ch. 76-168; s. 1, ch. 77-457; ss. 2, 3, ch. 81-318; ss. 5, 6, 7, ch. 83-248; s. 13, ch. 84-551; s. 30, ch. 85-54; ss. 1, 2, ch. 93-115; s. 81, ch. 96-175; s. 14, ch. 2010-210.