(1) When a regional housing authority has been created as provided above, the Governor shall thereupon appoint one qualified elector from each county included in such regional housing authority as a commissioner of the regional housing authority. When the area of operation of a regional housing authority is increased to include an additional county or counties as herein provided, the Governor shall thereupon appoint one qualified elector from each such additional county as a commissioner of the regional housing authority. If any county is excluded from the area of operation of a regional housing authority, the office of the commissioner of such regional housing authority appointed as provided above for such county, shall be thereupon abolished.
(2) If the area of operation of a regional housing authority consists at any time of an even number of counties, the Governor shall appoint one additional commissioner, who shall be a qualified elector from one of the counties in such area of operation, whose term of office shall be as herein provided for a commissioner of a regional housing authority, except that such term shall end at any earlier time that the area of operation of the regional housing authority shall be changed to consist of an odd number of counties.
(3) A certificate of the appointment of any commissioner of a regional housing authority shall be filed with the county clerk of the county from which the commissioner is appointed, and such certificate shall be conclusive evidence of the due and proper appointment of such commissioner. The commissioners of a regional housing authority shall be appointed for terms of 4 years, except that all vacancies shall be filled for the unexpired terms. Each commissioner shall hold office until a successor has been appointed and has qualified, except as otherwise provided herein. The Governor shall thereafter appoint the successor of each commissioner of a regional housing authority.
(4) The commissioners appointed as aforesaid shall constitute the regional housing authority, and the powers of such authority shall be vested in such commissioners in office from time to time.
(5) The commissioners of a regional housing authority shall elect a chair from among the commissioners and shall have power to select or employ such other officers and employees as the regional housing authority may require. A majority of the commissioners of a regional housing authority shall constitute a quorum of such authority for the purpose of conducting its business and exercising its powers and for all other purposes.