As used in this part, the term:
(1) “Athlete” means a person who participates in an athletic activity.
(2) “Athletic activity” means the participation in an activity, conducted by an educational institution, a professional athletic organization, or an amateur athletic organization, involving exercises, sports, games, or recreation requiring any of the physical attributes of strength, agility, flexibility, range of motion, speed, and stamina.
(3) “Athletic injury” means an injury sustained which affects the athlete’s ability to participate or perform in athletic activity.
(4) “Athletic trainer” means a person licensed under this part.
(5) “Athletic training” means the recognition, prevention, and treatment of athletic injuries.
(6) “Board” means the Board of Athletic Training.
(7) “Department” means the Department of Health.
(8) “Direct supervision” means the physical presence of the supervisor on the premises so that the supervisor is immediately available to the trainee when needed.
(9) “Supervision” means the easy availability of the supervisor to the athletic trainer, which includes the ability to communicate by telecommunications.