The purpose of this part is to authorize the department to establish and coordinate the Florida Agricultural Promotional Campaign. The duties of the department shall include, but are not limited to:
(1) Developing logos and authorizing the use of logos as provided by rule.
(2) Registering participants.
(3) Assessing and collecting fees.
(4) Developing in-kind advertising programs.
(5) Contracting with media representatives for the purpose of dispersing promotional materials.
(6) Assisting the representative of the department who serves on the Florida Agricultural Promotional Campaign Advisory Council.
(7) Designating a division employee to be a member of the Advertising Interagency Coordinating Council.
(8) Adopting rules pursuant to ss. 120.536(1) and 120.54 to implement the provisions of this part.
(9) Enforcing and administering the provisions of this part, including measures ensuring that only Florida agricultural or agricultural based products are marketed under the “Fresh From Florida” or “From Florida” logos or other logos of the Florida Agricultural Promotional Campaign.